Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Circus of the Stars

Ella and I participated in The Circus of the Starts vacation bible school at Newman Center during the third week of July.  This year I was teaching in the Missionaries in Motion room.  That means I was responsible for teaching the kids about the saint for the day,  helping them learn about balancing work, prayer, rest and play in their lives, and giving them the task of spreading the good news about God and Jesus to others.  The kids definitely kept me on my toes but I hope they learned a lot and had a good time too.  I enjoyed getting to teach them about God and his love for them.  

Don, Candace and Sam having fun while getting ready for vbs.  


Ella by the bulletin board in my classroom. 

Ella acting in the skit. 

Ella singing in the back row for the parent performance.  

Ella really enjoyed herself all week.  I was impressed that she volunteered many times to be in the skit in front of the whole vbs.  She did a great job reading and acting in front of everyone.  Her leaders told me how great she was to have in group and were impressed with how many things she learned and remembered.  I am so glad she had a great time.  
Sam was at music camp the week of vbs (next post) but he was a great help to me the Sunday before and Friday after helping get my room and the great room ready and then cleaned back up again.  He was eager to help out and I am grateful.  

No comments: