Saturday, July 5, 2014

Dallas Arboretum (Spring Break day 4)

This day was the part of the trip I had been looking forward to most and it did not disappoint.  The kids and I woke up early and they got in some last minute swimming before our check out at The Great Wolf Lodge.   Then we all headed to a yummy breakfast at a place recommended to us by Uncle Jono; The Original Pancake House and then we headed to another place he and Laura recommended, The Dallas Arboretum!  The Arboretum was absolutely beautiful!

I was already taking pictures of a few tulips in the entry way and people were kind of looking at me strangely.  That is because I didn't know the vast amount of tulips that were waiting for us inside those gates.  We met a nice old man who introduced himself to us and told us what a great family we had.  He then got us into the arboretum for free and we didn't have to pay parking because of a pass he had.  He was so sweet and helped us find out where to get a map of all the gardens we would want to see.  It was so kind and a great way to start our visit.  

John and I were amazed at all the flowers.  I could have stayed there for days just looking at everything and taking pictures.  It was tulip time and they had thousands of tulips in bloom.  The cherry trees were also blooming which is another one of my favorites.  The kids did grew bored after a while of John and I stopping and looking and discussing all the things we were seeing.  Luckily, the arboretum also has a children's garden which is more like a science museum with lots of experiments that the kids loved.  After a few hours of playing there they were able to tolerate John and I enjoying the rest of the gardens.  





Ella enjoyed classifying the rocks. 

They loved this tornado simulator. 

Learning about the power of water.

Sam at The Original Pancake House.


No comments: