Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Back to the Classroom

This is my second year substitute teaching at the kids' elementary school.  It is a great schedule because I can take them with me in the morning and they ride home with me from school.  It allows me to teach and still have days to make appointments, run errands, go on field trips, etc.  I really like their school and the teachers so it is a great place to work.  They keep me plenty busy and I would say I average 2 or 3 days a week unless I am doing a maternity leave.  I did two maternity leaves this year.  One in third grade and one in kindergarten.  I really love doing those!  I get to know the kids and some of their parents.  I get to see them start and finish a project.  I get to plan fun and educational lessons and most of all I get to watch them grow as learners.  The second maternity leave I did this year was in kindergarten and it is really amazing to watch how much they can grow in just the five short weeks that I was with them.  It was a fun opportunity and I hope that I keep busy next year and maybe even do another long term substitute position.  The sweet parents in the kindergarten class even got together and made a gift card bouquet as a thank you gift.  I was surprised and honored.  We have such a great school! 
I also got one of my absolute favorite things...chocolate covered strawberries! 


No comments: