Saturday, July 5, 2014

Chat and Chew

I started the Chat and Chew program that we used to do at Hickory Hills at Rock Bridge this year.  It was such a great way to get kids reading at home and excited about books!  I was glad to have some volunteers to help me and we ended up having eight groups of kids meet and discuss books.  I was the leader for Sam's group, a fourth grade group and a second grade group.  I enjoyed getting to meet with all three groups and hear the discussions they had about the books they were reading.  It was also fun to spend time with Sam and Kylie (a girl in his class) and hear things that we probably wouldn't talk about at home.    
To celebrate successfully reading the three books for each group we had an ice cream party.  One of the leaders is also a party planner which was a true blessing.  I just bought the ice-cream, the kids brought in toppings and she did the rest.  They really enjoyed their treat.  I am hoping next year we will have even more kids ready to join the program.  

Sam and Kylie getting ready to have some ice-cream. 

The fourth grade girls that I met with each week. 

No comments: