Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Family Hammer Day (last day skiing)

Sam declared the last day of our vacation "Family Hammer Day."  Meaning that we were going to go, go, go all day (or at least they were).  We had yet to really see Ella ski so we headed up the two lifts that I feel comfortable with and the whole group headed down West Ten Mile.  She was great!  Everyone went down the hill with no problems.  We did that run one or two more times and then took a break for lunch.  
Everyone decided it was time for rougher terrain.  So we headed up the lift they had all gone on previously.  It was great to watch my kids head down the mountain even though they kept having to wait on me.   I decided I could do it again even though my trip was slow going.  This time at the top Ella decided that she wanted to try a jumps course they had set up next to the lift.   John consulted with me and I thought why not?  If she isn't scared now is the best time.  She, John, Hannah, Sarah, and Dana checked it out while the rest of us waited at the bottom.  She got some air on the first jump but just doesn't weigh enough to keep her speed up and make all the jumps.  She loved it though.  
After the end of that run and making everyone continuously wait on me I decided  I would let them go ahead without me.  It was great though to see my kids doing so well and watch everyone have a great time.  I think they are all ready to head back again soon. 
Heading up the lift


Photo time at the top of the lift. 

The jumps Ella was going on, she is right behind the man that walked in front of my camera. 

No comments: