Sunday, January 5, 2014

Dashing Through the Snow! (Day 2 of skiing)

It was back up and at it early in the morning to get to the mountain and get Ella to her second day of lessons.  The rest of us headed up the lift to do our first run together.  I was anxious to see Sam ski!  We all did an easy run (mostly for Caleb and me) and enjoyed skiing as a group.  That was enough though for John and the girls as they headed to some blues.  
The rest of us went up two lifts for a little more of a challenge.  Sam had sped down the last hill and was full of confidence.  This run was a little steeper and he got going a little quickly and had his first big crash of the trip.  He was ready to stop but I know from my personal experience he needed to conquer that fear quickly.  We went back up to the top and did the same run again but this time he followed Kevin in controlled turns down the hill and got that confidence back into his system.  
We all met back up for lunch and while we were eating the lift I use broke.  I decided it was time to get my book out of the locker and read while the rest of the crew hit some runs on a steeper lift.  They had a great time and John said Sam did well with the tougher runs.  When I picked up Ella I was amazed at all her instructor said she had accomplished that day.  He just had Ella and one other girl and I think all the attention was great!  She went on the toughest greens, loved skiing through tree trails, could stop on command and was getting some turns parallel.  Holy Cow!  I now had a real skier on my hands who was wanting to do runs that frighten me.  Luckily, John is a good skier and was ready to take her out the next time.  After a full day it was home to the hot tub, some dinner and another early bed time.  
Ready for the first ski run of the day! 


Lunch break

No comments: