Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Silver Dollar City


On the tea cups!


Sam and Dawn on Riverblast!


Ellie and Ella on the swings

It may be hard for some of you in my area to believe but my kids had never been to Silver Dollar City. Noticing on Facebook how many of my Kansas City friends had taken their kids I decided it was time to go.
There is one problem taking my kids to an amusement park. They are at the wrong ages to ride things together. Ella isn't tall enough for most of the big rides and Sam is too tall or not wanting to go on the kid rides. That coupled with the fact that John refuses to go to Silver Dollar City makes it hard to go. Luckily, we recruited John's sister and her daughter to go with us on our adventure. They have season passes and were more than willing to accompany us for the big day. It was great because Dawn or I could stay with Ella while Sam experienced the roller coasters.
Despite the heat my kids had a great day. They rode everything that they were able to ride with the exception that Sam did not want to ride the roller coaster that went upside down. I had a good day too. I hadn't been to Silver Dollar City since I was a young kid so it was like a new experience for me too.
Ella's favorite ride was the large swings. She went on them three times and I think would have rode it some more. Sam's favorites were Fire in the Hole and Powder keg which are both roller coasters. It was a great day and I have a feeling this will become a popular summer time activity in the future.

No comments: