Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Crown Center


Sam in his Fritz' hat & Kaleidoscope glasses.


At Fritz's

Ella making her glasses at Kaleidoscope


Ella at the Clifford exhibit.

One of my favorite places to go as a child was Kaleidoscope. It is this fun place run by the Hallmark company at Crown Center in Kansas City. It is a place where you can make all sorts of crafts and everything is free! When I knew we were going to spend a week in Kansas City I decided I wanted my kids to experience Kaleidoscope. While it has changed quite a bit from when I was a kid, my kids still had a great time. They drew, painted and assembled for over an hour. They left with a bags full of their wonderful creations! I enjoyed watching them create and was a little jealous that I couldn't sit down and craft too. Now don't get me wrong their were parents making their own creations, it's just that my kids finish a project in about two minutes and it would take me much longer than that.
While at Crown Center my mom treated us to lunch at Fritz's. My kids were in absolute awe! At Fritz's there are small trains that deliver the food to your table. Each time they would see a train they would get so excited and wait in anticipation to see if it was our food. They are still talking about the restaurant weeks later.
Crown Center was also having a Clifford Exhibit while we were in town so we had to check it out too. Ella says the Clifford exhibit was her favorite part of the whole trip to Kansas City. They had little buildings set up like on the Clifford television show and you could deliver mail, cook in a restaurant, drive a boat, etc. Ella and Sam both enjoyed it and Ella was not ready to leave. It was a nice way to spend a day.

No comments: