Thursday, August 5, 2010

Dinosaurs


Aiden and Ella digging for dinosaur fossils.


Sam, Emma and AC checking out the dinosaurs.


Grandma and Ella with the baby stegosaurus


How Sam would measure up to a T-Rex

While John went on his big fishing trip to Canada, the kids and I decided to head to Kansas City for the week. We wanted to spend time with my family and enjoy some sights around the city that we don't have much time for on our short weekend visits. The first day we headed to Union Station. We met my mom, aunt and uncle and my cousin Scott's two kids to see the dinosaur exhibit they currently have there.
I thought the exhibit was pretty neat and so did almost everyone else. Ella was not a fan. You see they have these large models of dinosaurs that move and make noises. I will admit dinosaur roars are a little scary sounding but we could not convince her that the dinosaurs were not real and would not get her. She wanted my mom to hold her the whole time (my poor mom) and would only take a picture next to the smallest dinosaurs at the exhibit.
Sam enjoyed running around and pushing the buttons to make the dinosaurs move. He was not as interested in listening to me read about each dinosaur and where it came from so after a while I gave up and just started telling him the dinosaur's name and maybe one quick, interesting fact.
We finished off the morning with a trip to Winsteads on the Plaza. I must tell you that I love Winsteads and visit the drive through many times on trips to KC. Their cokes with cherry and cream are the best! The kids were excited to eat inside and loved watching the tables get Skyscraper Sundaes. Skyscrapers are these huge shakes that feed four people. They yell out "Sykscraper" and play a tambourine when someone orders one. I think I am seeing a Skyscraper in our future but I will wait until the kids get a little older and I don't have to worry about food particles getting into my shake.


No comments: