Friday, June 4, 2010

Jon & Laura's rehearsal

Laura, Grace and Jon
Ella and Sam practicing
John and Sam with John's gift
Ella and me with her jewelry box
The wedding party at the rehearsal.

On May 21st we had a great day with family getting ready for Jon and Laura's wedding! That morning the girls (and Sam) all met for brunch at First Watch in Kansas City. The breakfast was yummy and Laura looked excited that the day she had been planning was almost here. Laura's mom treated us to our yummy breakfast which was an unexpected treat. The boys spent their morning on the golf course and from all accounts had a fun time.
The rehearsal was that evening at the church and all went well. Ella and Sam did their jobs (ring bearer and flower girl) perfectly, although I was a little nervous how Ella would do the next day with a full church and many more unfamiliar faces.
The rehearsal was followed by a dinner at Wil Jenny's. I had never been there before but the food was yummy! Can I just say that I love spending time with my family. We all had a nice time eating and visiting and I enjoyed getting to know Laura's family and friends.
Jon and Laura had some wonderful gifts for everyone in the wedding. John got a framed picture and scorecard of Payne Stewart and for anyone who knows my husband they know that is the perfect gift. Sam got an engraved frame to put in a picture of the big wedding day which I know he will love to look at in his room. Ella got a ballerina jewelry box and a little pearl necklace and bracelet. She carried the jewelry box around the rest of the evening and wouldn't put it down for a second. I got a lovely candle too! I love how they really put thought into their gifts which made them so special. It was a great night!

No comments: