Thursday, June 10, 2010

Awards Assembly


Sam after the awards assembly


Sam's school has an awards assembly at the end of the school year. The kindergarten, first and second graders all receive some sort of award from their teacher. Awards are also handed out for attendance and fitness.
Now let me say that some awards sound much better than others. After nine years of teaching (and I don't even know if you need that) you know what most energetic really means. It means your kid drives me crazy because he can't sit still! It is nice though for all the kids to get an award and interesting to see the award that your child and his friends receive.
Luckily, Sam's award is one that I don't think can be said any other way. Sam got the award this year for being the most helpful. I don't know, maybe he tells the other kids the answers or something but I'm pretty sure that is not it. He can be a very helpful kid. He is, and always has, been worried about taking care of others. That is such an admirable character trait and makes his mom so proud of him. Congrats Sam!

No comments: