Sunday, June 13, 2010

Field Day


Sam (above) and Ella (below) in the black hawk helicopter.


Sam waiting in line & doing one of the relays during field day


The day before school gets out is always Field Day at Sam's school. I wanted to volunteer to help out this year but that is hard to do since I always have Ella. So, my wonderful Mom came down the day ahead and watched Ella so that I could help.
I got put in charge of finding volunteers and running the bowling game. I think I have now discovered how I got stuck with bowling (no one else wanted to do it). To work the bowling game you are constantly bending over and setting up pins for hours. Let me just say my hamstrings were screaming the next day! I think next year I will get my request in for a different game early.
I did really enjoy volunteering. I especially enjoyed seeing Sam interact with his classmates, although I didn't get to see that much of him. Sam also likes when I am up at school and I want to take advantage of that before he gets to the age that he doesn't want his mom around anymore.
My Mom and Ella came up to school at lunchtime and had lunch with Sam and his class. They stuck around and watched a few games and went and toured the black hawk helicopter that they had at school that day. I think everyone had a wonderful time.

No comments: