Thursday, August 23, 2012

Worlds and Worlds of Fun

At the beginning of the summer I had the kids make a list of the things they most wanted to do during their time off from school.  One of those things was a trip to Worlds of Fun. Well, the summer was over and they had no problems reminding us that we had never made it.  Since we also did not ever make it last summer we decided to head there the weekend just after school had started.
We were lucky that even though we gave them very short notice, a lot of our family was able to join us on our trip.  John and I joked that we did not even really need to be there since our kids would rather ride the rides with anyone but us.  It is nice though to have so many adults there to take turns with the kids when we want to ride the roller coasters.  We also loved having Emma and Aiden along to enjoy the fun.  Even though I am not sure Aiden will trust me again since after our ride on the Octopus he told me, "It was the worst thing ever!"




Sam rode the Mamba for the first time this year.  He is starting to like coasters more and more.  John had to talk him into riding it, but at the end of the day it was his favorite ride.  Ella rode her first WOF roller coaster on Saturday.  The only coaster she is tall enough for is The Spinning Dragon.  She smiled and laughed the whole time and said it was, "Awesome!"  Maybe we will have coaster kids after all, which works out well since John and I both love them.  I think John got the award for riding the most roller coasters that day.  His favorite (along with my mom, Laura and I think Becky) was The Patriot.  The Patriot freaks me out a little with no bottom but I still enjoyed the ride.  I still like wooden roller coasters the best though and The Prowler is my favorite ride at Worlds of Fun.  I think everyone had a great day and since Ella has already promised Uncle Jono we would go again next summer when his achilles is healed it looks like Worlds of Fun will make the list next summer for what the kids would like to do.  

No comments: