Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Craftsman Flair

One of the things that I disliked when we looked at our new house was our front door.  First of all it was blue, which would have been fine if it went with the rest of the house, but it did not.  Second, the style of the door was very plain and added nothing to our curb appeal.  But the thing I disliked the most was the glass on the transom window and the sidelights.  It was a frosted, textured glass that to John and I just looked cheap.  
The before and then the after of our front door.




So, a new door was definitely in order.  John and I both love the craftsman style and the outside of our house has some of those elements.  We searched for a front door that was wood we could stain and had a craftsman look.  I am very pleased with the door we chose and think it makes the front of the house look prettier and more welcoming.  The benefit I didn't realize when we got the new door was on the inside.  The clear glass really opens up the entryway and looks so much better when you are sitting in the living room. I am pleased with our choice and will enjoy it for years to come. 

1 comment:

Lauren said...

It looks so good! It's crazy how much of a difference it made when you're looking at the house. B and I had that stupid blue door at our old house that we never got around to painting - he went by the last time he was in town and the new owners haven't painted it either! Ha!