Friday, October 3, 2008

Randomness

Okay, besides keeping up with our life's daily events I'm going to use this as a spot to write my random thoughts. Writing to me is a cathartic experience. Not sure anyone cares to read my random babble, but people are free to scroll up and down as they choose.

First, the election. I am still not sure who I am voting for and realize that it is about time to make a decision. I have read about the candidates, watched debates and tried to stay informed. The problem is I don't agree with one candidate on all the issues. I guess it will come down to which issues I decide are most important to me and the country as a whole.

Second, still kind of the election, but the Sarah Palin thing. I watched the debate last night and don't understand how some people are calling her a winner. It is like because she didn't fall flat on her face it was her victory. I don't care if she spoke to the camera well or looked good in her shiny black suit. She dodged many questions and her answers were so rehearsed. Personality is not the reason I vote for my candidates. She is not qualified if she were to need to run this country.

I wish Biden would have attacked her as much as she did him. I'm sure the democratic campaign managers told him not to do so. They probably worried how it would look for him to attack a woman. We can not treat candidates differently based on their sex. If she is up to the challenge then let's challenge her and see.

Third, on a positive note, I am so excited that they are coming out with a movie about The Secret Life of Bees. That is one of my favorite books of all time. If you haven't read it, it is well worth your time. Hopefully the movie will not disappoint. I think it has a good cast though.

The cast was on Oprah this week. One of the members is Alicia Keys. She sang a new song of hers called Superwoman. If you have not heard the song you should check it out; it is very inspiring.

Okay, enough babble for today.

No comments: