Thursday, October 30, 2008

Pumpkin' Carvin'







This afternoon we carved our pumpkins. We are lucky this year since John is on vacation and can help us with all of our Halloween festivities. He was on call every Halloween while we were in North Carolina.

Sam was on a mission to dig out his pumpkin seeds and ready to bake them for a snack. He decided quickly though that the job was more difficult than he thought. John and I ended up cleaning out both pumpkins. I thought Ella might like pulling out the seeds but cried when I tried to get her to help.

I carved one pumpkin into a traditional jack o' lantern. My whole pumpkin took 10 minutes from cleaning to carving. Sam and John on the other hand decided they wanted a batman pumpkin to match Sam's costume. Well, Daddy is a perfectionist. The whole process was more like 40 minutes. I must admit though that their pumpkin looks great!

No comments: