Sunday, November 30, 2014

Live and In Concert

We have a trombone player in our house.  Sam started band this year and is really enjoying it (all except the practicing part).  He has band every other day and practices on the weekends.  I am really impressed with the progress that he has made since just the beginning of the year.  They had their first concert last week.  He had a few after school practices but other than that the kids have never played together and I think they did an excellent job.  Sam even told me how proud he was of himself.  They let a few kids play solos during the concert by pulling names of volunteers out of a bag.  Sam volunteered but was disappointed that his name was not drawn.  I was impressed that he was even willing to play in front of that many people.  I don't know how long he will continue in band but he is off to a great start.  

Sam is the seventh one in, in the back row.  

No comments: