Friday, December 5, 2014

Full of Thanks

We had a great Thanksgiving at AC and Al's house.  We just drove up for the afternoon and evening but we had a nice car ride listing all the things we were thankful for and there were so many.  Then John and I enjoyed blasting some nineties tunes and singing loudly, I don't think the kids enjoyed that part of the ride as much as we did.  We made a quick stop at the trail head for the California, Oregon and Santa Fe trails.  Ella is studying the Santa Fe trail as her major class at the gifted center so I thought I could show her where it was in Kansas City.  We took some pictures for her to share with her teacher and class.
Then we arrived at AC and Al's to a house filled with family and delicious food.  As usual, I ate way too much but everything was so good.  It was nice to have time to share a meal and catch up with everyone we had not seen in a while.  The day helped you realize what you truly are thankful for, family.  

Sorry I don't have the best pictures.  They are a last minute effort since I had not taken any all day.  



No comments: