Monday, November 4, 2013

Carving New Memories

The pumpkin carving at our house took place the night before Halloween.  This year Ella decided she did not want to make her pumpkin with me she wanted to carve with her dad.  Sam of course, wanted to carve with John too because that is the tradition.  So, I got relegated to searching the internet to help both kids search for patterns that would eventually become their jack-o'-lanterns.  The good news is they both basically cleaned their own pumpkins so we did not have to help much in that area except to clean up the mess they made on the table in the process.  
Ella wanted something spooky but I wasn't quite ready for the creepy pumpkin and I managed to talk her into a bat that I thought was pretty cute.  Sam took forever to decide on his pumpkin.  He wanted a Duck Dynasty jack o lantern at first but the patterns were all too difficult, then he wanted a sports theme but couldn't find one he liked so we eventually went back to the Halloween theme and picked out a mummy.  I think they turned out really well.  







The finished products; Ella's jack o' lantern she did herself, the bat she did with Daddy and Sam's mummy.

No comments: