Thursday, November 7, 2013

A Spooktacular Time

We had a good time this Halloween!  It started with the parties at school.  I am Sam's room mother this year so I was in charge of his party.  We did a minute to win it theme and the kids really got into it.  They were excited and I was so glad they enjoyed their party.  Ella had fun at her party too.  Our friend Christi did her party which was a camping theme.  They had a pretend fire set up that the kids sat around and ate s'mores and told stories.  I was a little jealous I could not attend too.  

Then it was home and time to do a few things before getting dressed in our costumes.  Ella wanted to be Saige, the American Girl doll this year.  Her costume was really easy since they sell outfits just like the dolls at the store.  So with a pair of boots, a look a like hair do and some drawn on freckles she was good to go.  Sam decided to be Uncle Si from the television show Duck Dynasty.  We raided John's closet for some boots and camouflage and a blue t-shirt (I still can not believe that he and John wear the same shoe size).  I went on line and found a pair of fake glasses, a beard and a hat and Sam already had a tea cup so we were ready.  I think they both turned out really well. 
Sam's class doing one of the Minute to Win It challenges. 


Sam having fun at his party. 

The campfire at Ella's class party.

Ella enjoying herself. 

Ella and Saige

Ella, Saige and some of the ghost lanterns we made.

Sam as Uncle Si

Out trick-or-treating



The kids and I headed out trick-or-treating a little after six o'clock.  We just walked some of the streets in our neighborhood.  They trick-or-treated for a little over an hour when they decided to head home.  About that time John texted and said we were almost out of the seven bags of candy I had bought that week.   I couldn't believe it!  I thought we would have left overs for sure.  Luckily, the trick or treaters were slowing down and we just turned off our light a little before eight when it was mostly the teen agers.  It was a fun night and the kids have plenty of candy to eat in the upcoming months! 

No comments: