Tuesday, August 6, 2013

How Does Your Garden Grow?

Apparently our garden grows very large.  This is our first year growing veggies in a garden in the yard instead of in containers.  We are amazed at how large everything is getting.  The garden is John's project so he gets the majority of the credit.  I only help out when needed.  We planted five zucchini plants and they are taking over the whole garden and giving this zucchini loving family more than we can eat.  I have been on Pinterest looking up new ways to cook it.  We planted everything late so we are still waiting for some ripe tomatoes.  I am not sure it would be possible to have too many of those.  

The front view of the garden.  The large leaves are all zucchini plants. 

The back view of the garden so you can actually see the tomato plants. 

This is the amount we have been getting every three days.  
While we are showing off the garden I will add a few pics of our summer perennials.  They are looking good and I can't wait for a few summers from now when they have really grown.  We drove by our old house in Springfield and the black eyed susans were huge!  A few years from now I feel these beds will look great. 


We have never had cone flowers before and they are one of my new favorites. 


I like this grouping of the black eyed susans, russian sage, and cone flowers. 

No comments: