Saturday, April 6, 2013

Duke Gardens

For spring break we headed back to the Triangle.  It was time to see our old stomping grounds, visit some friends, and check in on Brian and Lauren in their new home.  Of course no trip to Durham would be complete without a visit to Duke Gardens.  The whole place just brings me joy.  It was about three weeks from peak time, in my opinion, but a lot of the tulips were already blooming so I was a happy girl.  I have a lot of pictures from the day to share. 
Ella and Sam with map in hand, heading into the Gardens

Maybe for my next career I could be a nature photographer

The kids loved how this tree made a canopy over them

Picture in front of one of the fountains

The twins pose for a photo 

Tulips...my favorite! 

You always have to take time to feed the ducks.  Some geese scared Ella so she is hanging out a little further back of the boys. 

My favorite bridge and my favorite people.  I also loved the weeping cherry tree blooming in the background.

They painted the bridge red. 

No comments: