Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Book Character Day

Last Friday was book character day at the kids' school.  Since I was substituting in kindergarten that day I decided to dress up as a character too.  We were lucky that Ella and Sam had old Halloween costumes we could reuse for the day.  Ella dressed as Fancy Nancy and Sam dressed as Harry Potter.  Sam ran off before I could get any pictures but you can see him dressed up for Halloween here .  I dressed as Cat in the Hat which ended up being easier than I thought.  I bought the hat at Party City for $5 and the scarf for one dollar at Dollar Tree.  That with some black and white clothes and eyeliner made for a very inexpensive book character.  Ella and Sam had a lot of fun and I loved the kindergartners faces when they saw me dressed up as Cat in the Hat.  

No comments: