Saturday, July 16, 2011

Hey Y'all

Paula and me before lunch

Laura waiting in line at Lady and Sons

Cathedral of St. John the Baptist


At our house we love to watch Food Network and I love to watch Paula Deen. Why? Because she cooks the food that I would most like to eat. So when Lauren was planning a trip to Savannah, Georgia and to Paula Deen's restaurant I had to go and Becky and Laura wanted to come along too.
Now going to Paula's restaurant is an all morning experience. You have to go wait in line in the morning to get a reservation to come back for lunch. That luckily, left us plenty of time to see the city of Savannah. While Lauren was researching what to do she had found information on the Cathedral of St. John the Baptist as a place to see. I love old churches and suggested we start there. I was so glad we put that on our list because it was absolutely beautiful. The church was rebuilt a little over a hundred years ago after the inside had been destroyed in a fire. It is breathtaking and is staffed by women of the parish who love to tell you its' history and show you its' beauty.
While in Savannah we also got to see the city market which was a neat little area to hang out and a lot of beautiful courtyards all around the historic area of Savannah. Then it was time for our lunch with Paula. While I can't say the lunch was spectacular it was good southern food that filled you up quickly. My favorite was definitely the cheddar biscuits. Might have to look up a recipe for those. It was a nice girls day and a fun break from the beach house.

No comments: