Thursday, March 24, 2011

Eight!


Sam turned eight this last weekend. We had a party with my family on his birthday. If you are around Sam much then you know he loves days where he is surrounded by family and he loves pizza so all in all it was the perfect birthday.
Things that I want to remember about Sam at eight. He is truly into sports right now. Over the last year he has really taken an interest in professional sports. He is learning the teams, their players, their divisions, checking records and watching a lot of ESPN. He is also into playing sports. His favorites are football and basketball. He really enjoys being part of a team.
He has also started reading on his own this year which I love to see. I am a big reader and Sam has always enjoyed books but has never liked to be the one reading. This year he will sit by himself and read. I can't say that the Diary of a Wimpy Kid and Captain Underpants books are quality literature but he is reading which makes me happy.
Sam is still my outgoing child and hasn't lost his big heart. I have seen while teaching many boys lose some of their kindness as they get older but that doesn't seem to be happening yet and I hope it never will. Sam takes after his mom and likes to be on the go and loves to have a plan. He has even started making lists like me. When the plan changes he isn't always happy (which unfortunately, he also gets from his mom). He is really growing up to be a great kid and I feel so blessed to have him in my life!

No comments: