Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Show and Tell Coach

One of my goals this year is to a better job blogging about not just major events but the little things that I don't want to forget. This morning while driving Sam to school was one of those moments. I was asking Ella what she would like to take to school for show and tell today. Sam and I were going over some of her new Christmas gifts that we thought would be big show and tell hits. Ella thought and decided that she wanted to take her pillow pet.
I thought this would be the end of that discussion when Sam asked,"Ella, do you know what you are going to say about your pillow pet?"
Ella replies, "No."
Sam then says, "Ella, I can help you come up with what to say. I am really good at giving speeches."
Ella gives no response but Sam goes on to give her a whole three minute speech about her pillow pet that he thinks would be great to tell her class. I wanted to laugh and knew Ella wouldn't say half of the things that he was telling her but it was so cute and sweet that he was trying to help her and was showing interest in her and her show and tell.

No comments: