Thursday, January 7, 2016

Merry Day

Seven-thirty was the time that was set to wake up and see what gifts Santa had brought on Christmas Eve.  I set my alarm for 7:20 to give me a few minutes to wake up before beginning the day.  About 7:28 I received a text from Sam asking if he and Ella could come to the living room yet.  Much different than the old days when we ran to my parents bedroom in the morning.  
I went and got the kids and we saw what Santa brought.  Ella got a new American Girl Doll, Mary Ellen, and an outfit for her.  Sam got a new pair of Beats headphones.  They were both excited about there gifts.  There were a few gifts to open from Mom and Dad but not many since Sam's gift was mostly his trip to Yellowstone this coming summer and Ella had already picked out a new bike she wanted.  
After our gifts at home we got ready and headed to Kansas City.  We had a small Christmas with my parents, Christy, Dale, Kylie and Cameron and then got ready for the rest of the family to arrive.  It was a great day in a house full of people.  Everyone enjoyed food, presents and family.  It was the kind of day that makes my heart feel full.  

No comments: