Monday, February 17, 2014

Mizzou Basketball

A lot of our time this last month has been spent cheering on our Tigers.  They haven't had as great of a season as we had hoped but if they finish strong can make the NCAA tournament.  The last two games have been really close and I told Sam that I am surprised that I still have a voice left after Saturday.  
We just have two season tickets.  John usually doesn't like to go to the games at the beginning of the season and with many empty seats (and cheap GA tickets) it is usually the kids and I that go.  John and I take turns once the conference games start and take Sam along with us. Ella is completely content to stay at home.  Sam is just as much into the games as we are if not more.  He can even quote you statistics at the end of the game that totally surprise me.  This last Thursday we went to the MU v Arkansas game.  They are our biggest rival now that we do not play Kansas.  Plus we have the added interest of them being coached by our former coach so we really want to win! I think I yelled more in that game than I have all season.  It was down to the wire but the Tigers pulled out a victory. 
Saturday the people that sit next to us were unable to come so they offered us their two tickets so that all four of us could attend.  It was another close game but we beat Tennessee in the end.  John, Sam and I were all glad to attend and it was nice going as a family.  Ella was a little bored and in fact was lying across the seats in the second half but she was a trouper.  Let's hope we keep winning those close ones and in the season strong! 
Sam at the Arkansas game


Ella, John and Sam getting ready for the Tennessee game

No comments: