Thursday, October 17, 2013

An A"Maze"-ing Adventure

Last Friday night we headed out to Shryock's Corn Maze.  It is owned by my friend Debbie, that I used to work with in Auxvasse, and her family.  I had taken my classes there on field trips when I used to teach and they loved it! I had wanted to take the kids last year but we were just too busy.  Our church was having a campfire at Shryock's Friday night and we were free! So, everything worked out perfectly for us to go.  
We arrived early because I wanted to do the maze during daylight.  The kids had fun inside playing in the corn box while I talked to one of their teachers who happens to work there in the evenings.  They also loved the gum ball maze.  I had been telling them about it on the way out and was so glad it didn't disappoint.  It is a really cool thing to watch.  
Outside the big,red barn


Sam is burying Ella in the corn kernels. 

The gum ball coaster.

After the tour of the barn we headed outside to the maze.  The maze is huge and takes quite a while to navigate.  There are check points along the way where you stop and answer questions and get a hole punch.  We only found 5 of the 8 checkpoints before it got dark but had fun searching.  Then it was back outside the maze and to the fire pit with our church group.  They provided hotdogs and the makings for s'mores.  Sam loved cooking over the fire.  Ella wasn't a fan of the smoke but loved the chocolate bars and ate way too many! It was a fun time and I'm sure they will be begging to return next year. 

Racing through the maze

Found a checkpoint! 



Sam is going for two at a time! 

No comments: