Thursday, November 1, 2012

Jack o' Lantern Time

Time to make the jack o' lanterns!  As per our custom the last few years, John and Sam worked on his pumpkin and Ella and I worked on hers.  Ella wanted Ariel, but the only pattern I could find on line did not fit her pumpkin.  So, she decided we would make a spider and his web and save Ariel for next year.  Here is to hoping we remember to buy a long skinny pumpkin come next October.  The spider and his web turned out to be a lot more difficult than I had planned but I think it turned out okay. 






Sam picked out an even more intricate design.  A spooky, haunted house.  John worked on that pumpkin for a long time.  I think Sam later wished he would have picked something a little easier so he could have done more of the carving himself.  We will see if he remembers that next year also.  Overall we had a good time and the jack o' lanterns turned out pretty well I think.  

No comments: