Thursday, September 13, 2012

Let the Teaching Begin Again

So now that both of my children are in Sunday school/PSR/CCD/CEP whatever you want to call it these days I have decided to spend my Sunday mornings teaching.  I was actually pretty nervous for my first class, I haven't done this in a while.  You know what, it is like riding a bike.  It is a bit wobbly when you start again but after a few minutes you look like you never stopped (or at least I hope so).  I told our church's religious education director that I could teach whatever but that I preferred second-fifth grade.  I got chosen for fourth.  Sam was not ecstatic about having his mom for a teacher but for an hour a week he can handle it.  
I obviously taught religion when I taught in Catholic school and I taught PSR the year we lived in Rolla and that is always something I missed about teaching in the public schools. Sharing your faith is exciting and the kids questions force you to learn even more.  I was preparing for next weeks lesson today and I think I read the majority of the book of Psalms trying to choose the right verse for this activity we are doing.  That is not something I would normally sit down and do so it is great for me.  
Here is our class. The group of kids we have is great and full of challenges.  The adult in the picture is Matt, a pre-med student at MU that is helping me teach.  I am excited to be back in the classroom and praying that they learn a lot this year and grow in their relationships with God.  

No comments: