Wednesday, June 15, 2011

M, I, Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter, I

Sitting in the Gulf!

No beach chairs? No problem, just make your own in the sand!

Basketball at the hotel

We had a short trip this weekend to Hattiesburg, Mississippi. The kids did a wonderful job on the drive and we got to spend some great time together as a family. The drive was filled with many movies, too many bathroom stops, and a few exciting alphabet games.
The hotel had a pool and tennis court/basketball court that were big hits. We got plenty of use out of them all. John, Sam and I enjoyed some competitive games of PIG and did we ever let Sam win... of course not because that would mean John or I would have to lose to each other. We each one a game and had to have a third game so someone could be declared the victor.
We also made a trip down to the beach. The kids enjoyed playing in the sand but the water was very warm and the waves were disappointing. I would say that if I made the trip just for the beach we would have been disappointed. Luckily, we will get plenty of good beach time in a few weeks. The highlight of the beach though was a beautiful shell I found that I was going to pick up for Ella except the crab I didn't know was still inside had a different idea. The kids enjoyed watching the shell while John tried to coax the crab back out so the could watch him walk. It kept them entertained for quite a while.

No comments: