Monday, October 4, 2010

Walk for Life


Twice a month I meet with other moms at a local church. We get the opportunity to talk with other moms while volunteers watch our children. It is a great time and a needed break. This year our group decided we needed to be more service minded to others. The board decided that we would support our local crises pregnancy center. One of the centers big events is a 5k and walk to earn money. I was originally planning on doing the 5k but hurt my foot and wasn't up and running quickly enough to get any training in for the run so I did the walk instead. John had made plans to go fishing that morning so I took the kids along. Ella would be fine in the stroller and I knew Sam could handle what I thought was a mile walk.
Well, turns out I was wrong, and the walk was almost three miles. I was a little worried Sam would get bored, tired, etc. but he did a great job! He walked the first mile and a half at the front of our group urging everyone on to the finish. Then he hung out and walked with me the remainder of the way. He even said he would like to do the walk again next year. It was a great way to spend a Saturday morning .

No comments: