Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Missouri Homecoming

John and me at House Decs

Sam posing with one of the Homecoming signs.

Ella and Sam getting ready to watch a skit.

Friday afternoon we headed up to Columbia for Mizzou homecoming weekend. That night we had dinner at CJ's. It is a wing place where John and I had our first date 14 years ago this week. I still think they have the best wings I have found.
After filling up on wings we headed to Greek Town for house decorations. Sam was very glad to find out that it is not decorated houses but instead large scenery and skits that the fraternity and sororities put on every year for homecoming. They are kid themed and Sam loved it. He was running from house to house and finding a spot in the front row to watch the shows. Ella was not sure about the crowds and noise at first but once she figured out the pattern she had a great time too. By the end she was waiting for Truman (Mizzou's mascot) to appear and ready to chant Z-O-U.
Saturday the kids went swimming with Dad in the hotel pool and had a great time while I shopped for the tailgate. We got to see some great friends at our tailgate we hadn't seen in a while and the kids had a great time. We ran into more people at the game too. It made me wish we all lived in the same town again.
The game did not turn out as we had hoped, in fact we left at halftime. But, we had a wonderful weekend at Homecoming.

1 comment:

Traci said...

looks like you guys are having a good fall! The kiddos are looking so adorable! I hope all is well and I would love to catch up sometime!